Friday, January 20, 2012

From birth to discharge.

November 29, 2011:  Shortly after Jayden was born, the neonatologist came back into the delivery room and got Jake so he could take a quick peek at our new baby.  He was able to visit with him for a few minutes and take a few pictures.




After daddy got to see Jayden, they moved him into the NICU to run his lines.  They told us this should take about 45 minutes, but it ended up taking 6 hours!!  I did not see my son until he was close to 8 hours old, and this is how I saw him for the first time...



Shortly after I was able to go in and see him, Grandma Linda, Great-grandma Gaukel, Grandpa Mike, Page and Aaron came to visit us.  Since only one extra person could go in and see Jayden at a time, only Grandma and Great-grandma saw him.  We stayed in the NICU for most of the rest of the day, and tried napping any time we weren't.

November 30, 2011 - 1 day old:  I woke up extra early to go see Jayden in the NICU and was pleasently surprised to see my baby extubated, wide awake and happy!




I must say though, the best part of that day was getting to hold our sweet baby boy for the first time!!!!!!  It was tricky and took a while to get all his lines untangled, but it was so worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment