Wednesday, January 18, 2012

4 months behind... (2 of 2)

November 28, 2011:  We left the house at around 4:30.  I wanted to stop at Subway and make sure we had enough time to get to Loma Linda.  We checked in at around 5:30.  They came and got me from the waiting room at about 5:45.  When they first checked me, I was 1.5cm dilated and about 35% effaced - this was going to be a LONG night!!  The doctor ordered Cervadil to begin the induction.  That was placed at 9:25pm, and I began contracting almost immediately. 

November 29, 2011:  They checked me again at 1:45am and I was 3cm.  At 6:10am, the Cervadil fell out.  When they checked me this time, I was 3.5cm and 70%!!  At 6:23 they started the Pitocin drip.  Now the contractions got a lot stronger.  I could no longer rest, and it was hard to sit still through a contraction.  At 7:20am they upped the Pitocin drip and the contractions got INTENSE!!!  They were very close together and I was getting no relief in between.  At about 9:35, I stood up and got "that pressure feeling" and I told the nurse the baby was coming out NOW!  She checked me and I was only 6cm.  Ugh!  What a disappointment.  Well, less than 2 minutes later I felt my body pushing on it's own.  She checked me again, and I was fully dilated!  That's right... 4cm in 2 minutes!!!  :D  The nurse called in the doctors, additional nurses and the NICU team and within seconds, the delivery room was full of people.  Once they dropped the bed, the nurse told me I could start to push as the doctors were getting dressed to delivery my baby.  Well, half a push and his head was out.  The doctor barely had time to turn around to grab him!  At 9:42am my heart hero was born weighing 7lb 8oz and 18.5in.  I barely caught a glimpse of him as the NICU team scooped him up and ran out the door with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment